Sunday, October 23, 2011

it was quite dreadful i might add..


SOOOOOOO!.. it has begun!.. an hour ago i had just finished the last twist of my loose hair for the beginning of my loc'ed journey. The decision for me to "loc" myself up was a spontaneous one (2 days ago), so was the decision for me to bc and go natural (may 2011).. and so was the decision for me to embark on a healthy hair journey (august 2009).

what have we learned??? i do not plan most of the occurrences that happen in my life. i like it that way because im always pleasantly surprised. here's how this loc thing came about..

after going through a mental war (at least that's the best way to describe my depression "flare ups"), i decided to surf online.i then stumbled upon this pic while i was looking on locluv.tumblr.com:



i was going through a big hair downfall at this time of my "flare up".. and kind of given up. when all of a sudden after seeing this pic i had an epiphany (not really, because most people, including my bf said that i should have dreads.. nonetheless..) that's when i then decided that i wanted a commitment to dreads and give in into something that i've been fighting for a long time. there were so many reasons why they fit me:
 i wore my hair in twists 100% of the time.
i couldn't wear out styles (not for more than 2 days or my head would be so dry that it would dis-senegrate if i even breath in carbon dioxide)
i would never be able to show my length (heat hates my hair.. i follow all of the rules.. and all it took for me was one time to straighten my hair.. and while it reverted fully into a full blown shrunken afro (four hours after the four hour flat iron.. damn you water vapor).. about 1 inch up my ends were ruined in the back.. and about 1/4th in the front which resulted to me doing a trim/dust.
so i said "idiot,dreads was the best life choice for m you all along" . i can show my length w/o heat and my hair would be in a twist like formation anyway. GENIUS!

so the journey began, and with a head of fresh 2-strand twists i am truly excited and ready for this dread journey. i will be updating in about 4 weeks when i wash my head for the first time. i will also be posting all happenings with the locs and progression and any new things and inspirations i stumble upon.


Tell me about your journey!.. whether its loose hair or locked, newbie or goddess... share your opinions on your journey . and what things you might suggest to others or what you might like to learn yourself.

Beijos e Abracos,
Danni Bananee

No comments:

Post a Comment